Saturday, February 27, 2010

Planet Boy Film and Panel Discussion at the Historical Society of Washington, DC




I must say I enjoyed the film "Planet Boy" that gave me a better understanding of B-Boying "Breakdancing"! I was surprised to see a panel of Japanese B-Boys and what they had to say about their experiences and their love for dancing. "B-Boying is all about expressing yourself" B- Boy Peter Chang expressed to the audience. I can definetly understand where he is coming from becuase you got to love it to be able to get out there and perform! Wow I must say from pop locking to spinning. Those boys can dance on that film! Those B-boys were from the USA, Italy, Japan, Korea, France, China and even Isreal "I was shocked to see that"! One thing that was discussed during the panel was B-Boys dance to Hip-Hop music. WHAT IS HIP-HOP MUSIC?

3 comments:

  1. Fly Sky, according to the class lectures Hip Hop is a culture and rap music is an element of the culture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did anybody understand what a top rock is/was? I wanted to ask but we ran out of time. I looked it up later. It's probably the one move anyone can learn. I was like so that's what I've been doing all this time!! Check it out if you don't already know!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Remember, what we discuss in class is going to be different than how the average person sees Hip-Hop. We are taking a scholarly look at HH where words/terms count. BUt good observation though!

    ReplyDelete