Sunday, April 25, 2010

What a great experience...Intro to Hip-Hop Studies!

I wanted to say that taking Intro to Hip-Hop studies was a great experience. Hip-hop is not all about rapping which is what I thought before I took this course. Graffiti, emceeing, d-jing, break dancing and knowledge all falls under the umbrella of Hip-Hop. I got to learn about the history of graffiti and b-boying. I also had the opportunity to meet a French rapper who Professor Dru bought to introduce to our class. It's amazing how people can relate to hip-hop from all around the world and through different languages. It was an interesting course because we broke down lyrics in class which is something I have never done. I also learned alot from Professor Dru as much as I did from my classmates. Thanks for an unforgettable experience!!

No comments:

Post a Comment